Trade With US
YOUNG TRADERS MARKET: If you are applying to enter the Young Traders Market competition, please choose Young Traders Market on How did you hear about us section
Do you want to become a trader in The Blue Market? Are you looking for new opportunities? Are you a start-up or existing business? A market stall is a great place to trade in south Bermondsey. Scroll down to the registration form.
Scroll down to fill out the application form. Click on the headings below for more information about the market and documentation we require to be a trader.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market office on-site
- Community-led management provided by Big Local Works
- On the ground support
- Purpose built canopies
- 3 x 2 metres gazebos and 6ft tables for hire
- Free community events in the square
- Water and electricity (3-pin adaptor required)
- Storage (subject to availability)
- Start-up programme
- Pitches under wooden canopy:
- Pitch and gazebo. Single (3 x 2 metres) / Double (6 x 2metres). Please tell us if you intend to bring your own gazebo and the dimensions.
PITCH FEES AND GAZEBO/TABLE HIRE
- Single pitch: £26 (bring your own 3×2 metres gazebo or take one of our pitches under our wooden canopy)
- Double pitch: £40 per day ( open or under canopy)
- Pitch and gazebo: £31 per day
- Gazebo hire: £5 per day / 6ft Table hire: £5 per day
Prices correct as of Monday 1st Feb 2024. Subject to T&C.
START UP SCHEME
If this is your first time trading in a market stall, you may qualify for our start-up programme. Get in touch to apply.
- Start-up Discount: pitch + gazebo +table for only £20 for up to three months
- On-site support
- Training and workshops
- Free advice
OUR MARKET DAYS
The Blue Market operates from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm, being Saturday our community market day with more stalls and monthly events.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE, CLICK HERE (you must have insurance to trade with us)
We do not endorse any insurance company, however we put together a list of some of the insurance companies our traders use with different budgets and covers. Please remember you need to have Public Liability Insurance with a minimum 5m cover to trade with us in any of our market days. Get in touch if you have any queries.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR ALL TRADERS
- Copy of trader’s passport or another photo ID
- Proof of address (any of these below options)
- 2 x utility bills or
- One bank statement + one utility bill dated within the last 3 months or
- Council tax bill for the current tax year
- Proof of national insurance number
- Public liability insurance certificate for a minimum of 5 million
We use Open Markets London. Please fill out the form in this page to receive further information regarding your initial application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION AND REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR FOOD TRADERS
- Food hygiene certificate level 2
- Food Premises Registration from your Council
- Gas safety certificate if applicable (including expiring date)
- Electrical test certificate if applicable (including expiration date)
- PAT – Portable appliance testing FAQs. Read more here
REGISTRATION AS FOOD BUSINESS
We accept food businesses registered in other boroughs. If you are not registered with any council and want to sell food or drink in Southwark, you need to register your food business. Registering your food business is a free and simple process. The below link gives further information and guidance on food registration along with the application form.
Interested in being a trader? Get in touch today!
The Blue Market as a community-led market operator by Big Local Works, providing support and facilities for traders on-site. Become a trader and help to shape the future of our historic market.
Use our contact form or mail us on [email protected]. We can also arrange an appointment to meet our Market Coordinator in to our office.
Please fill out the form below if you’d like to trade with us.