Trade With US
Do you want to become a trader in The Blue Market? Are you looking for new opportunities? Are you a start-up or existing business? A market stall is a great place to trade in south Bermondsey. Scroll down to the registration form.
Click on the headings below for more information about the market and documentation we require to be a trader.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market office on-site
- Community-led management provided by Big Local Works
- On the ground support
- Purpose built canopies
- Gazebos and tables for hire
- Free community events in the square
- Electricity and water
- Storage (subject to availability)
- Start-up programme
- Pitches under wooden canopy: Single (3 x 2 metres) / Double (3 x 4 metres)
- Open pitch (gazebo required): Single (3 x 2 metres) / Double (3 x 4 metres). You can bring your own gazebo or hire one from us. Please tell us if you intend to bring your own gazebo and dimensions.
PITCH FEES AND GAZEBO/TABLE HIRE
- Single pitch: £26 ( open or under canopy)
- Double pitch: £40 per day ( open or under canopy)
- 4 weeks new trader offer: £80 paid in advance
- Gazebo hire: £10 per day / 6ft Table hire: £2 per day
Special offer: Book 4 Saturdays in a row for only £80
Prices correct as of Monday 1st May 2023. Subject to T&C.
START UP SCHEME
If this is your first time trading in a market stall, you may qualify for our start-up programme. Get in touch to apply.
- Discount pitch fee, only £20 for three months
- Free 300 x 30 cm banner for your stall
- On-site support
- Training and workshops
- Free advice
OUR MARKET DAYS
The Blue Market operates from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm, being Saturday our community market day with more stalls and monthly events.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE, CLICK HERE (you must have insurance to trade with us)
We do not endorse any insurance company, however we put together a list of some of the insurance companies our traders use with different budgets and covers. Please remember you need to have Public Liability Insurance with a minimum 5m cover to trade with us in any of our market days. Get in touch if you have any queries.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR ALL TRADERS
- Copy of trader’s passport or another photo ID
- Proof of address (any of these below options)
- 2 x utility bills or
- One bank statement + one utility bill dated within the last 3 months or
- Council tax bill for the current tax year
- Proof of national insurance number
- Public liability insurance certificate for a minimum of 5 million
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION AND REGISTRATION REQUIRED FOR FOOD TRADERS
- Food hygiene certificate level 2
- Copy of Food Premises Registration from your Council
- Copy of relevant Gas safety certificate if applicable (including expiring date)
- Copy of relevant Electrical test certificate if applicable (including expiration date)
- Electrical Registration Form if applicable
REGISTRATION AS FOOD BUSINESS
We accept food businesses registered in other boroughs. If you are not registered with any council and want to sell food or drink in Southwark, you need to register your food business. Registering your food business is a free and simple process. The below link gives further information and guidance on food registration along with the application form.
Become A Trader
The Blue Market as a community-led market operator by Big Local Works, providing support and facilities for traders on-site. Become a trader and help to shape the future of our historic market.
Use our contact form or mail us on [email protected]. We can also arrange an appointment to meet our Market Coordinator in to our office.
Interested? Get in touch today!
Please fill out the form below if you’d like to trade with us.