On this page, you will find information on how to register with Open Markets London and apply for The Blue Market. Scroll down the page to find the PDF online or download it to your computer, mobile or tablet. (On mobiles, it may only show the link to the PDF)
For enquiries about Open Markets London apps and technical issues, please visit www.app.openmarkets.london/register
Registering with The Blue Market in Open Markets London only allows applicant to trade in our market and not any other market within Southwark. If you’d like to trade in market across the Borough visit, www.southwark.gov.uk/business/markets-and-street-trading/southwark-markets
How to register in Open Markets London
Click on the link and follow instructions. Once you have uploaded the document during the sign up process, proceed to choose The Blue Market from their Market Directory (Southwark authority). Choose The Blue Market to submit your application so we can check your profile and documents.
How to submit documents
Before submitting your documents, please follow these guidelines:
Photo and photo ID
- When taking a photo, use a blank background and ensure the room is bright
- We only accept valid photo IDs, passport and driving licence preferred
Proof of address
- Documents we accept: Utility bills, bank statement, council tax
- Utilities bills must be less than 3 months old. You may be asked to submit further evidence if they are older
- If submitting financial information, you may want to blank out any data except your name and address
- When registering as sole trader, all documents must be on “your name” or “your name t/a your business name”.
- You must be registered as food business with a local authority.
- The trader and any assistants must have a valid Food Hygiene Level 2. If it’s expiring soon or it’s more than 3 years old, you may need to submit an update one.
- If you have Food Rating for your business, please submit that
- If you use gas, upload the Gas Certificate
- Your electrical equipment must be safe to use
- Assistants must submit the same documents as the main trader for ID and proof of address and be included on the insurance
Open Markets London, registering with other markets
You can use Open Markets London to register in other markets within their platform. Requirements and procedures may differ from the ones used for registering with The Blue Market.
View or download PDF on how to register with Open Markets London
On mobiles, it may only show the link to the PDF